THE VETERINARY COUNCIL ACT 2020
[Section 3(1) (a)]
Election of seven members of the Veterinary Council of Mauritius
NOTICE OF TAKING OF POLL
Notice is hereby given to all registered veterinary surgeons that a poll for the election of seven (7) members of the Veterinary Council of Mauritius will be conducted by the Office of the Electoral Commissioner on Saturday the twelfth (12th) day of June, 2021, between the hours of 9 am and 12 noon at the seat of the Veterinary Council of Mauritius, Livestock and Veterinary Division, Ministry of Agro Industry and Food Security, Réduit.
And that the candidates are as follows:
|ABDOOLA, Abdool Mohammad Swaley||8, Imp. Macao, Cité Martial, Port Louis|
|ESPITALIER-NOEL, Maurice Howard Alexander||24, Angus Rd., Vacoas|
|GYA, Sinarain||Avenue Bougainvilliers, Morc. Deepchand, Quatre Bornes|
|JAUHANGEER, Aboo Bakar Siddick||Campbell Rd., Vacoas|
|KAILAYSUR, Ramchandra Dutsing||37, Captain Charles Bruce St., Rose Hill|
|KAILAYSUR-RAMPROGUS, Lakshmi Devi||29, Captain Bruce St., Rose Hill|
|7. MOHANPERSAD, Ambissal||Avenue Flammands, Morc. Belle Vue, Albion|
|OODUN, Bhoosun Jugritum||Royal Rd., Pamplemousses|
|VEERAPA, Radhakrishna||Le Meritt, A01-1, Quatre Bornes|
of which all persons are hereby required to take notice and govern themselves accordingly.
DIRECTIONS TO VOTERS
- Each elector may vote for not more than seven (7) candidates by putting a cross (X) opposite the name of each of the candidates of his choice.
- If an elector votes for more than seven (7) candidates or places any mark or writing on the ballot paper by which he could afterwards be identified, his votes will be void and will not be counted.
- If an elector inadvertently spoils a ballot paper, he may return it to the Presiding Officer who, on being satisfied of the fact, will issue him with another one.
- No elector will be allowed to vote by proxy, except those serving in Rodrigues, Agalega or in Mauritian Embassies or High Commissions abroad.
- An elector who has appointed a proxy to vote on his behalf will not be entitled to vote in person.
- An elector desiring to record his/her vote shall produce his/her National Identity Card or passport.
Given under my hand at Réduit this 26th day of May, 2021.
Dr H. BHOOBUN
Veterinary Council of Mauritius
Leave a reply